A hybrid mattress combines the traditional support of an innerspring with layers of foam or latex comfort padding to give you the best of two popular mattress styles. With a hybrid mattress, you get strong, consistent support from edge to edge and comforting pressure relief all in one package. Hybrid mattresses can come in a wide range of comfort levels and are a great way to experience the pressure relieving benefits of memory foam or latex while retaining the classic feel of an innerspring mattress.
Who can benefit?
If you’re the kind of sleeper who likes to melt into your mattress but appreciates a sturdy edge and the agility afforded by an innerspring support, a hybrid mattress might be the bed for you. Combining buttery smooth pressure relief with a more consistent support and greater ease of movement, hybrid mattresses can make sleeping, reading, watching television or having breakfast in bed a more comfortable experience than you might get with a traditional mattress. In a study performed by Furniture Today and Apartment Therapy, mattress reviews showed that when evaluating performance and popularity, consumers highly favored them–making Hybrids the fastest growing segment of the mattress industry!
What makes a hybrid mattress unique?
Today’s quality hybrid mattresses usually feature the following:
- Encased coil technology to reduce motion transfer from a restless partner helping you get more deep sleep.
- Edge support reduces roll-off and increases the usable sleep area of your mattress so you can dream big.
- Memory foam or latex layers help provide a balance of support and pressure relief helping to create the ideal sleep surface.
- Gel or graphite infused foams help draw heat away from the body helping you sleep cooler; a necessary component of quality sleep.
- Optional Smooth top finish without quilting so you feel the foam without the fluff.
- Modern fabrics to help you sleep cooler to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer.