Bay Area Mattress Outlet is a local, family owned, independent mattress retailer. We strive to keep our prices low and even beat our competitor’s sale prices. By not having unreasonably high mark-ups and never ending sales, we are able to provide better service with less pressure so customers can purchase whenever they want without the stress of missing out on a sale. We want our staff to focus on great customer service so they don’t work on commission. And we keep minimal stock on hand to help us keep our overhead costs down allowing us to pass the savings on to our customers. Therefore, because we are a low-price leader, we cannot offer as generous a return policy as some other retail establishments who charge more to cover the cost of their return policies. That said…
Mattresses may be exchanged or returned under the following conditions.
- Customer must sleep on the mattress for at least three weeks (21 days) from the date of delivery or pick up to allow their body to adjust to the new sleep surface and allow the mattress to adapt to their unique body signature.
- Customer must request an exchange or return within 30 days from the date of delivery or pick up.
- Customers are encouraged to do a one-time exchange if there is a mattress in our selection that is more to their liking.
- Mattress must be returned to Bay Area Mattress Outlet in “like new” condition without any stains, burns, rips, scuffs or other signs of wear and/or abuse.
- Mattress must have all product and law labels still attached to the mattress to be eligible for return.
- Mattress must be picked up by Bay Area Mattress Outlet (even if it was originally picked up by the customer from our store or warehouse) and the customer will incur a $49 service fee. This ensures that the mattress will be handled appropriately to avoid any damage.
- All mattress returns will incur a 15% restocking fee.
- Floor models/displays, closeouts, and discontinued items are sold AS IS and are not eligible for exchange or return.
Foundations/box-springs and adjustable bases are not eligible for exchange or return.
All furniture sales are final and are not eligible for exchange or return.
All special-order items are not eligible for exchange or return.
Service, delivery, labor, and installation charges are not refundable once service has been performed.
Sleep accessory products can only be returned unused and unopened in their original packaging within fifteen days from the date of purchase for a full refund.
All sleep accessory or promotional products and/or service fees that were discounted on the original sale are not returnable/refundable and will have the full retail cost deducted from any mattress return/refund.
Purchases paid for by cash or check will be refunded by company check sent via US Mail.
All products sold by Bay Area Mattress Outlet are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty only. Bay Area Mattress Outlet is not responsible for any expenses or fees related to warranty claims. All warranty claims must be made directly to the manufacturer according to their warranty provisions.